- Baby massage classes in various locations across Cheshire and Manchester – or in the comfort of your own home if you decide a one-to-one session would work best.
- The program runs for five sessions, each lasting for an hour.
- Rhymes and songs are incorporated into the sessions, to enhance the bonding experience and encourage smiles & fun!
- There is no minimum age for baby, so you can bring them to class from being newborn right up until pre-crawling. You may however decide it is best to attend when your baby is used to the home environment and settled in, around 4-6 weeks old.
- Wear comfortable clothing because we tend to work on the floor (although we’ll make it as comfy as possible!)
- Each class member receives information on how to massage their little one and a bottle of baby llama organic cold pressed sunflower oil – perfect for newborn skin.
- We provide mats, but please bring a towel with you, so baby will feel comforted by the smell of home
- Classes always finish with a cuppa and some homemade cake!
- When you and baby have graduated on the course, you’ll get a certificate as a lovely keepsake.
WEEK 1 – Legs
WEEK 2 – Tummy (including colic sequence for those interested)
WEEK 3 – Chest, Arms & Hands
WEEK 4 – Head & face
WEEK 5 – Back
Each week we’ll have a refresher on the previous weeks, finishing with a full body work through on week 5.
Baby massage is a wonderful way to nurture deep love and trust between you and your baby. Singing and playing are also vital elements of your special time together, as your baby grows and flourishes.
Touch is known to be one of the most important gifts you can give your baby. Whilst it is possible to learn the principles of baby massage from a book, there really is no substitute for learning from a qualified instructor. Come along and learn to massage your baby and enjoy a well deserved relaxing, fun time with other like minded mums.
Learn a new skill with baby llama in your own way
There are various ways you can chose to learn this new skill with baby llama:
5 week group courses
Classes are run on a friendly and informal basis, in warm comfortable rooms, with other like minded mums, dads and grandparents. Classes always finish with a lovely homemade piece of cake and a cuppa! The 5 step programme costs £50 and is a great opportunity to learn the principles of baby massage in a relaxed sociable environment, where lasting friendships are often made. Sessions run on a weekly basis with detailed, easy-to-follow handouts to take home, to allow you to practice and perfect techniques in the privacy of your home. For local class details please keep an eye out here
One to one session in the comfort of your own home
If you feel you would benefit from a more personal, intimate class, then baby llama are more than happy to come to you, to teach you the wonderful skill of baby massage. Maybe you would prefer to stay at home so that both mum and dad can take it in turns to bond and connect with baby? Please contact us for more details on price and booking.
Massage parties *NEW*
Do you and your friends want the opportunity to get together and practice a new skill? Have you kept in touch with the girls from your NCT group or antenatal class? If you and your friends would like to book as a group, why not take advantage of this new offer? The 5 step programme costs £45 and the host gets the course for FREE! Or alternate the hosting each week and share the discount between you. Ask baby llama for further details.
Areas covered across Cheshire and Manchester:
Ashley, Alderley Edge, Altrincham, Bramhall, Bowdon, Cheadle, Cheadle Hulme, Chorlton, Davyhulme, Didsbury, Flixton, Gatley, Hale, Hazel Grove, Heald Green, Heaton Chapel, Heaton Mersey, Heaton Moor, Heaton Norris, Irlam, Knutsford, Lymm, Manchester, Mere, Mobberley, Northenden, Partington, Poynton, Sale, Stretford, Stockport, Timperley, Urmston, Warburton, Whalley Range, Wilmslow, Withington, Wythenshawe